This position is no longer available.
Thank you for checking.
Wildnote is growing and needs a new mobile developer. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual for developing new features and fixing bugs within our mobile data collection application on both iOS (Swift) and Android (Java) platforms. Candidate will be working directly with our CTO and existing dev team as well as our Product Manager. Candidate should be able to work remotely and independently on assignments and possibly travel between San Luis Obispo and Los Angeles areas for in person meetings if necessary.
- Work with CTO and Product Manager to analyze and collaborate on feature requests.
- Ability to work with existing code and interface layouts.
- Debug, troubleshoot, and fix code problems in iOS Swift and/or Android Java.
- Perform Quality Assurance Testing of newly built functionality and code.
- Attend conference calls and possibly in person meetings as necessary.
- Provide weekly updates regarding project status and completion.
Experience and Skills Required
- Positive can-do attitude and ability to be flexible with needs of the company.
- 3+ Years history of iOS Swift and/or Android Java development work experience delivering working functionality.
- iOS Objective-C experience also recommended but not required.
- At least 1 Year experience working with applications the use forms to collect data as well as exporting collected data.
- Specialized bootcamp training or college degree preferred but not required with adequate experience.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Excel as we use a lot of spreadsheets for various things.
- Must have a basic understanding of databases and SQL.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think outside the box to solve problems with unique or alternative approaches.
- Previous experience working with Data Collection and Data Syncing software preferred.
Your resume goes to the top of the pile if you specifically have knowledge working with photo attachments and uploads on iOS and Android platforms!
We specifically need someone that knows how to work with EXIF Photo Data such as GPS Coordinates and that also knows how to work around the restraints present within the iOS SDK; if this is you please contact us right away!!
Additional Experience and Skills Not Required but Helpful
- Any experience working with Ruby on Rails a major plus.
- Experience working with and helping maintain API built in Ruby on Rails.
- Any other web development experience a plus.
Please submit your resume with salary history, links to any live and published applications you’ve activity worked on in the past, and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.